#SaturdaySiblings – Coming Soon!

#SaturdaySiblings – Coming Soon!

I love taking pictures of my children. It is becoming a real passion of mine and honing my Instagram feed is something I have been hoping to do for some time. I love it when I get good shots of my children together even more; there is nothing more likely to make my heart sing than to see them playing, laughing and generally interacting with one another.

With that in mind, I am very pleased to announce that I am about to launch my first joint linky and Instagram community – #SaturdaySiblings.

I will be co-hosting this linky with the lovely Harriet from Toby and Roo

Biggest and Littlest on the stairs

There are already several children-based photo linkys and Instagram communities but we are hoping this one will be a little different. We will be asking you to link up your favourite picture of siblings together – either on the linky or by using the hashtag #SaturdaySiblings on Instagram.

The posts added to the linky can be about anything – we don’t mind if they have text or just a picture. The only rule is that they need to have a picture with siblings! The pictures can be funny, interesting or beautiful to look at; we don’t mind which.

Likewise, add your favourite picture of your children together to the Instagram community by using the hashtag.

We are happy for any kind of shot – from those who actively pursue photography as a hobby to every day cute and funny shots from a camera phone. You don’t have to be a blogger either. Anyone with a public Instagram account can join in. We are interested in any age, step-siblings – we just want to see your children together!

The first linky and Instagram #SaturdaySiblings day will be on Saturday the 7th of May and will run from 9pm Friday night until midnight Saturday – put the date in your diary! We will be alternating weeks so on the 7th of May you should head to Someone’s Mum and on the 14th of May look for the post on Toby and Roo.

In preparation for this, it would be great if you could follow both Harriet and me on Instagram and Twitter, so that we can re-post and tweet our favourite pics and posts.

Someone’s Mum on Instagram

Someone’s Mum on Twitter

Harriet from Toby and Roo on Instagram

Harriet from Toby and Roo on Twitter

Toby and Roo siblings pic

Depending on how many photos we get linked up and hashtagged (hopefully a few), we will both be picking one or two featured images from the linky and the IG community each week – we will share these on our social networks and on the next week’s linky.

I really love looking at pictures of siblings together so I am really looking forward to picking some favourites.

If you have more than one child, I really hope to see you there!

Biggest and Littlest in town

Toby and Roo Siblings pic

1. The Pramshed
    27th April 2016 / 7:41 am

This sounds great lovely! Well done for taking the leap into setting up a Linky 🙂 We have brand new Linky’s going live this Saturday, so exciting and a little scary at the same time. Good luck with it. Claire x

27th April 2016 / 12:47 pm

Thank you! ☺

27th April 2016 / 12:47 pm

Yay. Thank you! ☺

2. 29th April 2016 / 3:53 pm

This is a great idea, I don’t think there’s any community around specifically dedicated to siblings. Good luck with it
    Thanks for linking up to #BloggerClubUK 🙂
    Debbie

3. 30th April 2016 / 10:07 pm

Good Luck with this 🙂 #KCACOLS

4. 30th April 2016 / 10:10 pm

Well I guess I really need to get on Instagram now! Can’t wait to see all the pics! #KCACOLS

5. 30th April 2016 / 10:10 pm

Ooh you’ll have to remind me – I’ve got some brilliant ones! Makes it almost seem worth suffering the indignity of a second 😉

6. 30th April 2016 / 10:13 pm

What a fun IG community idea! Seeing siblings together is adorable, since I’m an only child and only have the one baby for now. #KCACOLS

7. 30th April 2016 / 10:15 pm

Hope you get lots of lovely linkers! You can have too many pics of your children, especially natural ones that aren’t posed 🙂 thanks for co-hosting #kcacols

8. Bad Dadu
    30th April 2016 / 10:18 pm

If I can get them to not wrestle each other to the ground then the brothers shot is normally the best photo! #KCACOLS

9. 30th April 2016 / 10:19 pm

What lovely pics! The love between the siblings is obvious. Sadly, as a lone child, I can’t take part but this sounds fab x #KCACOLS

10. 30th April 2016 / 10:21 pm

Oh that’s lovely idea and good luck with your new linky #KCACOLS

11. 30th April 2016 / 10:24 pm

That sounds like a lovely idea. I have followed you both on Twitter and Instagram. I just have to hope I can get a pic of my 17yr old and 10 yr old together lol.
    Looking forward to all the lovely pics.
    #KCACOLS

12. 30th April 2016 / 10:44 pm

sounds like a great linky! I read Harriet’s blog regularly too x #KCACOLS

13. 30th April 2016 / 11:51 pm

Lovely to see siblings bonding together, good luck with the linky. #KCACOLS

14. 1st May 2016 / 12:09 am

P.s
    #KCACOLS

15. 1st May 2016 / 12:42 am

This sounds absolutely wonderful. Siblings truly share a bond you can’t find anywhere else. I only have one son, but I’m wondering if fur-babies will count in this linky? 😛 #KCACOLS

16. 1st May 2016 / 2:47 am

Aw these photos are going to be so cute! I love this idea. I think seeing children interact with each other naturally is really heartwarming. Love the photo of the children looking at the tablet together, it is my favorite.

17. Right Royal Mother
    1st May 2016 / 5:05 am

Hurray. There are lots and LOTS of NG and NC I can add. (Not all of them have crying children in them, either). Thanks for the heads-up and for co-hosting. #KCACOLS

18. 1st May 2016 / 6:57 am

Oh I absolutely love the sound of this – please add me to the notification list as would love to join in! #KCACOL

19. 1st May 2016 / 7:37 am

This sounds like a lovely idea. I will look out for this to have a nose – Josh doesn’t have any siblings yet but maybe some gorgeous pics will inspire me to crack on with baby No 2 ha ha xx #KCACOLS

20. 1st May 2016 / 8:39 am

I think this is such a fab idea. I am always taking pictures of my two so I hope to join in #KCACOLS

21. 1st May 2016 / 9:10 am

Oh I would love to take part in this. Could you please remind me? my instagram and twitter handle is @SerenityYou #KCACOLS.

22. 1st May 2016 / 9:13 am

Love this. Capturing siblings interacting with each other naturally is a fantastic idea. Good luck with teens though especially boys!

#KCACOLS

23. 1st May 2016 / 9:53 am

This is such a great idea – I don’t take enough photos of my two together! #KCACOLS

24. 1st May 2016 / 11:24 am

Such a lovely idea. I cant wait to have another baby so I can get cute sibling photos.

Azaria
    #KCACOLS

25. 1st May 2016 / 12:53 pm

Lovely photos and great idea. I’m sure it will be very popular for parents with sibling children. The nicest photos of children are seeing them happy, and lovely to be happy with their siblings.
    Amanda. #kcacols

26. 1st May 2016 / 1:13 pm

beautiful photos and you are making me broody now! #KCACOLS

27. 1st May 2016 / 1:56 pm

lush pics 🙂 I have some lovely photos of my son and his cousin together which always make me smile. No siblings here tho :/ Don’t know if can go through it all again :/ #KCACOLS

28. 1st May 2016 / 2:46 pm

I have never linked up with this but will definitely do it now with my four! I love your photos, their relationship shines through in your photos! Gorgeous! #KCACOLS

29. 1st May 2016 / 3:03 pm

Fabulous photos and a great idea! Hope to participate soon. #KCACOLS

30. 1st May 2016 / 3:38 pm

How sweet! We just welcomed a new arrival so we have some new siblings to photograph! #KCACOLS

31. 1st May 2016 / 4:28 pm

Ahh lovely idea! And hopefully I’ll be a parent of siblings later this year so will watch out for it! #KCACOLS

32. 1st May 2016 / 6:20 pm

Ooh this is a great idea! I’ll be putting 7th May in the diary and be linking up with you then. #KCACOLS

33. 1st May 2016 / 7:24 pm

lovely idea and lovely photos on your blog x #KCACOLS

34. Harry's Honest Mummy
    1st May 2016 / 7:29 pm

Good luck with your new venture. Gutted I can’t join. #KCACOLS

35. 1st May 2016 / 8:50 pm

Aww, I love your #SaturdaySiblings idea, and all the pictures of your adorable children! I have two kids, so hopefully I can remember about this and join in on the fun! I love how great the blog world is at creating motherhood communities.
    #KCACOLS
    Tori

36. 1st May 2016 / 11:23 pm

Great idea 🙂 I have just had my second child and seeing the two children together just melts my heart. Bath times in particular, playing in the bubbles, super cute. I am sure this will be very popular! #KCACOLS

37. 1st May 2016 / 11:29 pm

Great idea and beautiful photos of your little ones. Now I have to get the hubby to agree to working on a sibling for baby K so I can join in 😉😊 x #KCACOLS

38. 2nd May 2016 / 8:19 am

Oh good luck with this, it sounds lovely. I’m not on instagram otherwise I would join in with my two boys. I will keep an eye on it all though. One day I may sucumb to the lure of another social media site but i’m trying to resist at the mo:))) my heads to full with the ones I’m on:)
    mainy – myrealfairy
    #KCACOLS

39. 2nd May 2016 / 12:00 pm

This sounds like fun, I must.make sure to remember to take part X #kcacols

40. 2nd May 2016 / 4:07 pm

Lovely idea, will be sure to note the hashtag and add it to the list xx #KCACOLS

41. 2nd May 2016 / 4:10 pm

This sounds like a fab idea for a linky, sadly I only have one child..so just informed the OH that we need a baby for Instagram’s sake..he looks confused..see you there in 9 months or so..;) #KCACOLS

42. 2nd May 2016 / 4:18 pm

This is such a cute idea! I only have the one at the moment but I’ve followed you on Instagram so I can see all the lovely pictures! #KCACOLS

43. 2nd May 2016 / 6:48 pm

Aww this sounds adorable! Now I need to go and get pregnant again so I can take part 😉 #KCACOLS

44. 2nd May 2016 / 8:31 pm

This sounds like a lovely idea – we only have the one daughter the moment, but who knows, we may be able to join in in the future! Good luck with it x #TheList

45. 2nd May 2016 / 8:32 pm

Oops sorry meant #kcacols – just catching up! x

46. 3rd May 2016 / 8:17 am

Sounds great, but unfortunately not for me as I have only one child! #KCACOLS

47. 3rd May 2016 / 6:11 pm

Will def try to take part in this one, lovely kinky idea ☺️ #kcacols

48. 3rd May 2016 / 9:45 pm

Such a great idea for an instagram linky! I hope to be able to join once baby number two arrives this summer. Already following you both on twitter so will keep up to date with it as it grows 🙂 Emily #KCACOLS

49. 3rd May 2016 / 9:57 pm

Lovely idea for a linky however I am also mum to just one child so I’m afraid I won’t be taking part but i hope if goes well for you #kcacols

50. 3rd May 2016 / 10:36 pm

This sounds lovely! How exciting setting up your own linky. We only have 1 little girl at the moment but if ever she gets a sibling, I will check out your linky! 🙂

#KCACOLS

51. 4th May 2016 / 6:07 pm

Lovely idea – really good luck with it. I don’t think I will ever be brave enough to host a linky! 🙂

52. 4th May 2016 / 8:14 pm

Oh wow sounds lovely! My daughter’s an only child so one we will have to join in should any siblings come along! #kcacols

53. 5th May 2016 / 8:42 pm

What a great idea and well done for taking the plunge! I will try and remember to join in! #KCACOLS

54. 5th May 2016 / 10:52 pm

Lovely idea! I love my pictures of my two together – I’d be all over this if it wasn’t for the small hindrances of not using pictures of my kids & not being on instagram! Oh well! I’m sure you’ll get loads of great pictures – I see so many lovely sibling photos on blogs. Good luck with it! #KCACOLS

55. 6th May 2016 / 2:18 am

LOOOOOOOVE this idea! Count me in!#Kcacols

56. 6th May 2016 / 2:28 pm

I only have one child, so can’t participate (yet!) Sounds wonderful though, good luck #KCACOLS

Nadia – ScandiMummy x

57. 7th May 2016 / 8:27 pm

This is a great idea, I love it. I love getting pictures of my niece and nephew together. #KCACOLS

58. 8th May 2016 / 9:56 am

this is a lovely idea. I find it hard to get pictures of all three of mine in the same place, but I do capture some lovely ones.a #KCACOLS