Hello, and welcome to a slightly new version of Spectrum Sunday. The lovely Clare from Sand, Sons and Sauvignon is taking a break thanks to the wonderful success of her brand new wedding site, Confetti Ave. We hope to see her back to co-hosting in a few weeks. In the meantime we wish her success in her exciting new venture.
This means that Spectrum Sunday has gained two new co-hosts – me and Ann from Rainbows are too beautiful. We will be running the linky once a fortnight, alternating hosting. We really want to make sure that everyone with a post gets to link up and so we will keep the linky open for thirteen days – Sunday until the Saturday nearly two weeks later. Hopefully, this should mean that everyone can link up, even though the linky is every two weeks.
In addition to these changes we would also like to open up the linky to all special educational needs and disabilities posts. Clare started this linky as a way to reach out to other autism parents who are having what is often a very difficult and isolating experience – and this sentiment applies to all special needs parents. Indeed, we are interested in any posts, from parents or otherwise, that raise awareness of special needs issues. We want to grow the community further and open it up to other friends we have made connections with on our blogging and special needs journeys.
I will call the linky Spectrum and SEND Sunday but thought we could keep the tag #SpectrumSunday as it is quite established and catchy. However, we would love to start using a hashtag relating to the linky on Instagram. #SpectrumSunday is not available on Instagram but #SSSunday (Spectrum and SEND Sunday) or #SpectrumSundayShots are. We are happy to have your opinions on this. I would love to hear your ideas in the comments.
I am off on holiday this week (wish us luck) and so I am linking my autism post from last week, The Meaning of a Meltdown.
So, here are a few rules. They are almost exactly the same as the previous rules but we hope to have some new linkers.
- The linky will run from 7am Sunday to 7am the Saturday 13 days afterwards, allowing everyone to link up and to get a wide range of posts now the linky is fortnightly.
- Please be kind and add our linky badge to the bottom of your post/s (just copy and paste the code below)
- Up to two posts per person, old or new
- Please comment on both host posts
- Then comment on the post before yours and more if you can!
- Please make sure comments are thoughtful and valuable – this subject is incredibly emotive and we all handle our daily struggle differently so kind and supportive messages only please.
- If you feel someone has been commenting negatively please let us know, and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
- The host for that week will comment on every post. If the linky is successful we may invite guest hosts to give us a hand
- If you follow us and add the hashtag #spectrumsunday to your tweets, we will retweet for you!
- Each week we will pick a post or two that has really touched us, and we will be share on our Facebook pages and link on our blogs. You can find our pages here: Someone’s Mum Facebook and Rainbows are too beautiful Facbook
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram here:
- Someone’s Mum on Twitter
- Someone’s Mum on Instagram
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Twitter
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Instgram
Lastly, here is the new linky badge to add to your posts.
<div align="center"><a href="https://someonesmum.co.uk" rel="nofollow" title="Spectrum Sunday"><img src="https://someonesmum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SpectrumSunday120.png" alt="Spectrum Sunday" style="border: none;" /></a></div>
I am really looking forward to reading your posts. I hope we get lots of link-ups below!