On Tuesday, gorgeous boy turned four. He is absolutely obsessed with Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom, and so he requested a birthday cake made to look like ‘a jelly flood on the moon’. This was no small task but, knowing how delighted he would be, I set to work in order to create the Ben and Holly cake of his dreams.
You can see how I got on in the video below.
Ben and Holly Cake Video
Cake, Ingredients and Resources:
The vanilla sponge recipe that I used to make the Ben and Holly cake is from the BBC Good food guide and you can find the recipe, ingredients and instructions here:
I also used buttercream icing, for which you can find the recipe here:
In addition to the cake, I used the following items and ingredients:
- Renshaw Ready to Roll icing in Grey
- Renshaw Ready to Roll icing in Poppy Red
- Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing in Deep Purple
- Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing in Baby Pink
- Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing in White
- Edible food pen in Black by Rainbow Dust
- Edible food pen in Dusky Pink by Rainbow Dust
- Renshaw Primary Colours Multipack
- A silicone icing/pastry mat
- Fondant smoothing tool
- Square cake board
- Karo Light Corn Syrup
I think it turned out pretty well! Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that the camera stopping working when I put the grey fondant onto the cake, in case some were wondering why that part is missing!
What do you think of our Ben and Holly cake? I call it “The sea of tranquillity is now the sea of jelly!” Let us know in the comments.
If you liked our video, please so subscribe to our YouTube Channel.