I am afraid it is going to be a very quick one today. I have lots of news with Biggest’s Child Development Review arriving last week, but as I type this I have to leave for London in about two hours and I haven’t started packing yet!
I am off to Blogfest 2016 with Mumsnet and I hope to see many people who have become my friends, both in the SEND blogging world and wider. I can’t wait to meet my lovely co-host Ann at Rainbows are too beautiful and many others. This week I am linking my ‘Changing Places’ piece and ‘Autism with affection and imagination’.
Our favourite piece last linky was ‘School life as a little Aspie girl’ by The Silent Wave. We loved this post as, even though we are parents to autistic children, we still don’t really know what it feels like to be autistic. This post gives us an insight and is so helpful as a result.
Many thanks to my co-host, Ann at Rainbows are too beautiful, for hosting the last linky. Remember, the linky runs once a fortnight, alternating hosting. We really want to make sure that everyone with a post gets to link up and so we will keep the it open for thirteen days – Sunday until the Saturday nearly two weeks later. Hopefully, this should mean that everyone can link up, even though the linky is every two weeks.
We would also like to remind you that you can use the hashtag #spectrum_sunday on Instagram (make sure you remember the underscore!) and check out the Spectrum and SEND Sunday board on Pinterest here. We pin everyone’s posts to the Pinterest board each week so do check out and re-pin any posts that you enjoy there too.
Now on to the linky. Please do read the rules below and make sure you share the linky love by commenting on others’ posts. Remember, the linky is open to any autism, SEND or disability posts. Thank you – we look forward to reading your posts.
- The linky will run from 7am Sunday to 7am the Saturday 13 days afterwards, allowing everyone to link up and to get a wide range of posts now the linky is fortnightly.
- Please be kind and add our linky badge to the bottom of your post/s (just copy and paste the code below)
- Up to two posts per person, old or new
- Please comment on both host posts
- Then comment on the post before yours and more if you can!
- Please make sure comments are thoughtful and valuable – this subject is incredibly emotive and we all handle our daily struggle differently so kind and supportive messages only please.
- If you feel someone has been commenting negatively please let us know, and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
- The host for that week will comment on every post. If the linky is successful we may invite guest hosts to give us a hand
- If you follow us, tag us, and add the hashtag #spectrumsunday to your tweets, we will retweet for you!
- Each week we will pick a post or two that has really touched us, and we will be share on our Facebook pages and link on our blogs. You can find our pages here: Someone’s Mum Facebook and Rainbows are too beautiful Facebook
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram here:
- Someone’s Mum on Twitter
- Someone’s Mum on Instagram
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Twitter
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Instgram
Lastly, here is the linky badge to add to your posts.
<div align="center"><a href="https://someonesmum.co.uk" rel="nofollow" title="Spectrum Sunday"><img src="https://someonesmum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SpectrumSunday120.png" alt="Spectrum Sunday" style="border: none;" /></a></div>
I am really looking forward to reading your posts. I hope we get lots of link-ups below!