This week, the finalists for the upcoming Bloody Awesome Parents Awards, or BAPs were announced. This is the first set of awards to specifically recognise SEND parent bloggers and allow them to be recognised for their talents, their stories and their families – from the everyday to the exceptional. The BAPs celebrate SEND bloggers, recognise their valuable contribution to raising awareness of additional needs, both within the SEND community and the wider society.
We absolutely delighted to announce that Someone’s Mum and my co-host Ann from Rainbows Are Too Beautiful are both nominated in the Newcomer category, but also several Spectrum and SEND regulars have made the finalists list.
Spectrum Sunday regulars include:
Joseph and his Amazing Spectrum Coat
It is a privilege for me to be nominated alongside such company. Several of the bloggers in each category have provided me with comfort, information and companionship during some very dark times. To think that I may have done the same for others is more than I could have ever hoped for.
If you would like to vote, you can find all the categories here:
Simply click through to each award and pick your favourite.
Spectrum and SEND Sunday Linky
I think all of us would agree that part of the reason we blog about our experiences with SEND is that being a parent of a child with an illness or disability can be such an isolating journey. We reach out with our words to find others feeling the same and to reassure each other that we are not alone.
Please do read the rules below and make sure you share the linky love by commenting on others’ posts. Remember, the linky is open to any autism, SEND, mental health or disability posts. Thank you – we look forward to reading your posts.
- The linky will run from 7am Sunday to 7am the Saturday 13 days afterwards, allowing everyone to link up and to get a wide range of posts now the linky is fortnightly.
- Please be kind and add our linky badge to the bottom of your post/s (just copy and paste the code below)
- Up to two posts per person, old or new
- Please comment on both host posts
- Then comment on the post before yours and more if you can!
- Please make sure comments are thoughtful and valuable – this subject is incredibly emotive and we all handle our daily struggle differently so kind and supportive messages only please.
- If you feel someone has been commenting negatively please let us know, and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
- The host for that week will comment on every post. If the linky is successful we may invite guest hosts to give us a hand
- If you follow us, tag us, and add the hashtag #spectrumsunday to your tweets, we will retweet for you!
- Each week we will pick a post or two that has really touched us, and we will be share on our Facebook pages and link on our blogs. You can find our pages here: Someone’s Mum Facebook and Rainbows are too beautiful Facebook
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram here:
- Someone’s Mum on Twitter
- Someone’s Mum on Instagram
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Twitter
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Instgram
Lastly, here is the linky badge to add to your posts.
<div align="center"><a href="https://someonesmum.co.uk" rel="nofollow" title="Spectrum Sunday"><img src="https://someonesmum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SpectrumSunday120.png" alt="Spectrum Sunday" style="border: none;" /></a></div>
I am really looking forward to reading your posts. I hope we get lots of ink-ups below!
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can support Someone’s Mum:
Share this post with your friends!
Thanks so much for your support.