Hello and welcome to Spectrum and SEND Sunday #47. We took a little break last week as it was Easter and we were away for a few days, visiting Granny and Grandad. Also, like many, we received the news that Biggest has been offered a place at primary school. We have also applied for an EHCP assessment, and so I expect we will be sharing our experiences of this process soon. Getting our school place has hit me a little hard – it seems real now that he will be going in September and I know there are so many challenges ahead. All we can do it deal with them as best we can, as they some, like we always do.
This week I am linking ‘Tips for explaining autism to younger neurotypical children’ and ‘The things they love and the things we do.’
Biggest has his first choice primary school. But that was the easy part. Now begins the battle to make sure he gets the support he needs. We have had to fight, tooth and nail, for every appointment, for every test, for every scrap of help, right from the beginning. It shouldn’t be that way – but it is. Cuts to education mean that children with additional needs are slipping through the cracks more than ever. But we are his protectors, his champions. We will not give up. And the river cuts through the rock not because of its power, but because of its persistance. #ilovesomeonewithautism #spectrum_inspired #littleandbrave #outdoorsandhappy #mytinymoments #neverendinglove #heaventhrumylens #kidsoutside #pixel_kids #themagicofchildhood #collectmoments #ig_motherhood #simplychildren #worldoflittles #simplepleasures #developinglife #autismmama #momentsofmine #createyourhappy #ohheymama #oneperfectthing #noordinarykids #mamarazzi_square #ourcandidlife #honestmotherhood #kids_of_our_world #dailyparenting #standstillmychild #ig_autism
Our favourite post last time was ‘5 ways to show autism awareness every day’ from from Kirsty at My Home Truths. Her five tips are the perfect recipe for making the world a kinder and more tolerant place.
Many thanks to my co-host, Ann at Rainbows are too beautiful, for hosting the last linky. Remember, the linky runs once a fortnight, alternating hosting. We really want to make sure that everyone with a post gets to link up and so we will keep the it open for thirteen days – Sunday until the Saturday nearly two weeks later. Hopefully, this should mean that everyone can link up, even though the linky is every two weeks.
Can we please remind linkers to add the badge and to make sure that they comment on others’ posts.
Spectrum and SEND Sunday #47 Linky
Please do read the rules below and make sure you share the linky love by commenting on others’ posts. Remember, the linky is open to any autism, SEND, mental health or disability posts. Thank you – we look forward to reading your posts.
- The linky will run from 7am Sunday to 7am the Saturday 13 days afterwards, allowing everyone to link up and to get a wide range of posts now the linky is fortnightly.
- Please be kind and add our linky badge to the bottom of your post/s (just copy and paste the code below)
- Up to two posts per person, old or new
- Please comment on one post from each host – you can choose which as we usually add two each.
- Then comment on the post before yours and more if you can!
- Please make sure comments are thoughtful and valuable – this subject is incredibly emotive and we all handle our daily struggle differently so kind and supportive messages only please.
- If you feel someone has been commenting negatively please let us know, and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
- The host for that week will comment on every post. If the linky is successful we may invite guest hosts to give us a hand
- If you follow us, tag us, and add the hashtag #spectrumsunday to your tweets, we will retweet for you!
- Each week we will pick a post or two that has really touched us, and we will be share on our Facebook pages and link on our blogs. You can find our pages here: Someone’s Mum Facebook and Rainbows are too beautiful Facebook
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram here:
- Someone’s Mum on Twitter
- Someone’s Mum on Instagram
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Twitter
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Instgram
Lastly, here is the linky badge to add to your posts.
<div align="center"><a href="https://someonesmum.co.uk" rel="nofollow" title="Spectrum Sunday"><img src="https://someonesmum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SpectrumSunday120.png" alt="Spectrum Sunday" style="border: none;" /></a></div>
I am really looking forward to reading your posts. I hope we get lots of ink-ups below!