Someone’s Mum and Daddy Cooks Food have an exciting announcement to make. We have teamed up with Deli Kitchen to bring you a range of delicious and nutritious recipes, using their new healthy wrap range. Signature Flatbreads, the UK’s leading flatbread producer, launched Deli Kitchen as an exciting new range of flatbreads to revolutionise mealtimes. The tasty, healthy and easy to use wraps and tortillas offer a new variety of sandwich carriers unlike anything on the market today. Over the coming months, we will be creating some healthy and convenient recipes, using Deli Kitchen Skinni wraps and other great flatbreads from their range.
Family life is exceedingly busy, especially when you have to juggle work, school and nursery. Lunchtime can be a meal that gets neglected. It is really hard to make interesting meals that are healthy and which can easily fit into a busy family’s schedule. More often than not, the humble sandwich is the answer to the lunchtime problem.
That is where Deli Kitchen wraps come in. Not only do they provide an exciting and varied alternative to the traditional sandwich and sliced bread, they are also a great addition to main meals. Their range also come in low calorie, high protein and multi-grain options.
One of the absolute best things about Deli Kitchen wraps, as well as their versatility, is the easy to fold shape. Deli Kitchen wraps can be made and transported so easily – unlike other wraps which can be hard to fold and keep together.
The New Deli Kitchen Skinni Wrap Range
The new Deli Kitchen range includes:
- Deli Kitchen Skinni Wraps (Plain) – The Skinni Wrap is low in calorific content, but also comes in a unique and easy to fold shape
- Deli Kitchen Skinni Wraps (Multigrain) – The six cereal blend wrap is a high source of fibre with a unique shape that makes it easy to fold
- Deli Kitchen High Protein Wraps – A great on-trend lunchtime treat for health-conscious consumers that want to add more protein to their diet
- Deli Kitchen Tacotillas – The soft and flexible Tacotilla (a cross between a taco and a tortilla) comes ready to use as a taco, sandwich carrier or even a pizza base, making it a great multi-use product for any day of the week
We will be featuring some great great recipes using products from the range above and you can find our first recipe below.
Deli Kitchen Skinni Wrap Syns
Deli kitchen skinni wraps, multigrain and plain are both only 4.5 syns per wrap. This means that they are also perfect for those following the Slimming World programe
Deli Kitchen Skinni Wraps – filled with pan fried chicken strips, red and yellow peppers and served with an olive oil, basil, garlic and pecorino drizzle
This delicious lunchtime treat takes almost no time to prepare and uses Deli Kitchen Skinni Wraps, which are under 100 calories each!
2 (2 wraps)
- 2 Deli Kitchen Plain Skinni Wraps
- 2 big handfuls of basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 60ml (4 tbsp) grated pecorino or any other hard cheese, like parmesan.
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 2 red / yellow peppers, sliced so you have the four flattish ‘sides’ of each.
- 300g chicken breast mini-fillets, halved if necessary
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Pour a little oil in to a frying pan and set the red onion to sweat gently over a low heat.
- Once the onions are on the heat, fry the chicken breast mini fillets over a medium heat in a little oil in a separate pan until well cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the pepper pieces skin up in a griddle pan over quite a high heat.
- While those elements are cooking, put the basil, garlic and pecorino in a blender and whizz them in to a coarse paste, adding the extra virgin oil a little at a time to form a pistou (pesto without nuts). Season to taste.
- Turn over your pepper pieces when they are slightly softened, and turn up the heat to sear the skin. You can do this to your chicken pieces too once the peppers are done if you like a slightly char-grilled feel. While the chicken sizzles, slice your still hot peppers in to thin strips.
- Take your Deli Kitchen Plain Skinni Wraps and lay them flat. Spoon the onions, dividing them equally, in to a line down the centre of each wrap.
- Add the pepper strips and chicken fillets to the wraps, and drizzle over a generous couple of teaspoons of the pistou. The rest can be stored in an airtight container, or frozen, to use another time.
- Deli Kitchen’s unique design makes folding the Skinni Wrap a doddle, and you’re ready to eat.
Deli Kitchen Ambassadors
In our role as Deli Kitchen Ambassadors, Someone’s Mum and Daddy Cooks Food will be sharing some awesome Deli Kitchen products and some great ways to use them. Look out for more ideas on Someone’s Mum’s social channels and the Daddy Cooks Food Instagram account.
This post is sponsored by Deli Kitchen. We were sent a range of Deli Kitchen products in order to create our recipes.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can support Someone’s Mum:
Share this post with your friends!
Thanks so much for your support.