Hello and welcome to Spectrum and SEND Sunday #51. Goodness, it has been quite the week for me. It started with a fair amount of trouble trying to sort out Biggest’s EHCP assessment evidence, which you can read about in my linked post ‘I will not let a broken system break my little boy.’ I have also linked up ‘This is what I wanted to say…but didn’t.’
Then, I found out I am nominated for Fresh Voice in the Britmums Brilliance in Blogging awards. You can read about it in the post here. Obviously, I feel immensely proud to be nominated for such an award in a general category, as blogs with an autism or SEND focus are sometimes marginalised. If you think I am worthy, I would be so grateful for your vote. You can find the voting form here.
Finally, I went off to London for the very swanky Blogosphere Magazine Blogging awards, only to discover that I had won the award for Parenting Blogger of the Year. It still has not really sunk in. Again, to be acknowledged in such a way feels wonderful, especially as it weighted to be mostly chosen by a panel of judges. 6,000 blogs, across all niches, were nominated in the awards and for a blog with a focus on autism to be one of the final winners is just wonderful.
I am pictured above with Harriet from Toby & Roo, who was also nominated.
Our favourite post last week was ‘Design that Cares’ from Our Inclusive Home. This was a really interesting read that discusses something that many people do not really think about. I think it is everyone’s responsibility to be more aware about accessibility, and not just because, as Vaila says, it is likely to affect us all at some point. We should all look forward to a time when inclusivity and accessibility are a given because the ultimate aim of society should be to cater and care for everyone.
Many thanks to my co-host, Ann at Rainbows are too beautiful, for hosting the last linky. Remember, the linky runs once a fortnight, alternating hosting. We really want to make sure that everyone with a post gets to link up and so we will keep the it open for thirteen days – Sunday until the Saturday nearly two weeks later. Hopefully, this should mean that everyone can link up, even though the linky is every two weeks.
Can we please remind linkers to add the badge and to make sure that they comment on others’ posts.
Spectrum and SEND Sunday #51 Linky
Please do read the rules below and make sure you share the linky love by commenting on others’ posts. Remember, the linky is open to any autism, SEND, mental health or disability posts. Thank you – we look forward to reading your posts.
- The linky will run from 7am Sunday to 7am the Saturday 13 days afterwards, allowing everyone to link up and to get a wide range of posts now the linky is fortnightly.
- Please be kind and add our linky badge to the bottom of your post/s (just copy and paste the code below)
- Up to two posts per person, old or new
- Please comment on one post from each host – you can choose which as we usually add two each.
- Then comment on the post before yours and more if you can!
- Please make sure comments are thoughtful and valuable – this subject is incredibly emotive and we all handle our daily struggle differently so kind and supportive messages only please.
- If you feel someone has been commenting negatively please let us know, and we will get in touch with them on your behalf.
- The host for that week will comment on every post. If the linky is successful we may invite guest hosts to give us a hand
- If you follow us, tag us, and add the hashtag #spectrumsunday to your tweets, we will retweet for you!
- Each week we will pick a post or two that has really touched us, and we will be share on our Facebook pages and link on our blogs. You can find our pages here: Someone’s Mum Facebook and Rainbows are too beautiful Facebook
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram here:
- Someone’s Mum on Twitter
- Someone’s Mum on Instagram
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Twitter
- Rainbows are too beautiful on Instgram
Lastly, here is the linky badge to add to your posts.
<div align="center"><a href="https://someonesmum.co.uk" rel="nofollow" title="Spectrum Sunday"><img src="https://someonesmum.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/SpectrumSunday120.png" alt="Spectrum Sunday" style="border: none;" /></a></div>
I am really looking forward to reading your posts. I hope we get lots of ink-ups below!