We are delighted to be partnering with Mowi Salmon to bring you this delicious recipe for Piri Piri Slow Roast Salmon Fillets, served on Garlic Potato Cakes and with Pan-fried Chilli Leaks. This recipe is the ultimate in simple, healthy and tasty meals, as the Mowi Piri Piri Salmon fillets come pre-cooked, making this meal so easy and convenient to make. The fillets are slow-roasted and ready to eat hot or cold wherever you are and the restaurant-style portions make them look so good for impressing guests!
If you would like to make this delicious meal, scroll down to check out our recipe.
With Mowi Salmon, it’s easy to create tasty, delicious, and inspiring recipes. You can swap to MOWI salmon for any occasion. In fact, this dish would be ideal for breakfast or lunch, as well as a stunning evening meal. Salmon is high in Omega 3. This helps to support your mental health and immune system, meaning this dish is good mood food in more ways than one. In fact, the Mowi logo includes the Omega symbol (the O in MOWI). This recipe includes ready-to-eat Slow Roast Salmon, meaning the slow roasting has been done for you! Now is the perfect time to buy as you can get £1.00 OFF MOWI 2 Piri Piri Slow Roast fillets 180g with Shopmium here.
Piri Piri Salmon on Garlic Potato Cakes and Chilli Leaks
- 750g golden baby potatoes (or similar)- floury is good.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or grated.
- 1 medium egg, beaten.
- ½ tsp dried flat-leaf parsley
- 5 or 6 medium-sized leeks, finely sliced.
- ½ fresh red chilli, deseeded and sliced into very thin strips.
- Butter or oil of your choice for frying
- 50ml white wine
- 2 x 2 packs Mowi Peri-Peri Slow Roast salmon fillets
- Salad leaves and fresh parsley to serve.
- Firstly, chop the potatoes into chunks and boil them in salted water for 15 minutes. We left the skins on, but you might want to peel them depending on the potatoes you are using. Drain, and leave them in the pan, covered with a clean tea towel, to steam dry. You want the moisture to evaporate so they aren’t too wet.
- Next, mash the potatoes with garlic, salt and plenty of black pepper and the dried parsley. Once the potatoes are well mashed, but not smooth, mix in half the egg (discard the rest) and combine well. Divide the mixture into however many potato cakes you want, dependent on size (we did four large ones) and use your hands to form discs about 2cm deep and broadly circular on greaseproof paper. Put them in the fridge to chill and firm up. Preheat the oven to 200°/180°fan/gas mark 6.
- Meanwhile, wrap the Mowi Peri-Peri Slow Roast salmon fillets in tin foil and place them on a baking tray, and heat for 20 minutes.
- Heat two frying pans or skillets on the hob. Add the oil of your choice, or melt butter, in both.
- In one pan, add the leeks and chilli and fry over a medium heat for a few minutes, then add the wine and allow to bubble away.
- In the other pan, which should be on a high heat, add your potato cakes and fry until the base is nice and crispy, then flip them like a burger and brown the other side too.
- Finally, take the Mowi Peri-Peri Slow Roast Salmon Fillets out of the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, lay a few salad leave in the centre of a plate, place a potato cake on top, pile on the leeks and then carefully top with the fish. Drizzle over a little extra-virgin olive oil if you like, and a pinch of freshly chopped parsley.
There you have it – an impressive, healthy meal in a few minutes. Mowi Piri Piri Slow Roast Salmon fillets come ready cooked, so you can even eat them on the go. They would be great teamed with salad or pasta salad for a quick lunchtime meal at work; they really are incredibly versatile.
If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy:
Please note, this is a paid collaboration with Mowi Salmon and Shopmium. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
If you have enjoyed this post and found it useful, here are some ways you can support Someone’s Mum:
Share this post with your friends!
Thanks so much for your support.